MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
Today it would be impossible for a lot of companies to produce goods on an efficient and economical way, without modern automation technology. Vision technology plays an increasingly decisive role. It gives ‘blind’ machines ‘eyes’ and admits, at high speeds and with great accuracy, taking into account strict requirements and 100% control. The number of sectors that are using vision technology is growing all the time.
Vision systems can be applied to a lot of processes in various industies. The overall projects include studies, creation, implementation and optimization.
Some project examples
- Dimension control and homogeneity of bricks, based on combined 2D- 3D image recording
- Error detection and dimension control of bitumen roofing, based on 3D image recording (“Sheet of Light”)
- Dimension control isolation panels: dual 3D captation
- Control on foreign objects in raw vegetable: classification methodology
- Label inspection on packing: text and image recognition, completed with shape control of the label
- Pattern and design recognition on textile
In the food sector, control is quite a lot more than a quality check. Reducing health risks and damage on reputation are at least even important. The main applications of vision technology:
- Quality control in harvesting
- Error detection in processing
- Automatic selection and sorting, according to properties
- Manage picking and packing
- Label verification
- Control on food safety
Economic success is for producers of semi-finished products highly dependent on the possibility to check products optically, before they are finished. An early detection of errors and removing them from the production process, prevent unnecessary costs and increase economic efficiency.
Vision technology can be used in the textile sector to recognize structures, patterns, colours, etc. on a high speed.
When quality affects human life, then there is no room for errors. The pharmaceutical sector asks for the most demanding vision systems where detection of the correct substance to the right dosage per packaging is of extremely great importance.
The performance of imaging components such as cameras, image processing software and computer systems improve constantly. That’s why vision technology finds more and more applications in more and more sectors. In the meantime, image processing is an integral part of the automation systems of industrial companies.